DOVATO is indicated as a complete regimen to treat HIV-1 infection in adults with no antiretroviral (ARV) treatment history or to replace the current ARV regimen in those who are virologically suppressed (HIV-1 RNA <50 copies/mL) on a stable ARV regimen with no history of treatment failure and no known resistance to any component of DOVATO.
Living with HIV
Compensated by ViiV Healthcare
- The median age was 33 years, and 10% were 50 years of age or older
- 31% Hispanic/Latino ethnicity
- 11% Black or African American
- 15% female
- 9% were classified as HIV Stage 3 (AIDS)
- 6% also had hepatitis C virus
Patients who entered this study were treatment-naïve adults (18 years or older) with HIV-1 infection and a screening viral load of 1,000 to ≤500,000 copies/mL. They could not participate if they had hepatitis B infection or preexisting major resistance substitutions/mutations.
DOVATO is proven to work at both 48 and 96 weeks.
A 3-Drug Regimen‡
DOVATO was studied in a range of adults:
- The median age was 39 years, and 23% were 50 years of age or older
- 18% Hispanic/Latino ethnicity
- 15% Black or African American
- 8% female
- 5% were classified as HIV Stage 3 (AIDS)
- 4% also had hepatitis C virus
Patients who entered this study were adults (≥18 years) already on treatment and undetectable with HIV-1 RNA viral levels <50 copies/mL for at least 6 months while on a stable 3- or 4-drug regimen.† They could not participate if they had hepatitis B infection or preexisting major resistance substitutions/mutations.
Across the TANGO study, 12% of patients taking DOVATO versus 1% taking a 3- or 4-drug regimen† experienced side effects through 48 weeks. The majority of side effects were mild in severity.
The most common side effects reported by ≥1% of patients in either treatment group through 48 weeks were:
A 3- or4-Drug Regimen†
FOR ASO PROFESSIONALS